Monday, December 31, 2007

A Toast To You ... And Me

It's hard to believe that the end of yet another year is only a few short hours away. And what a year it's been!

From getting hooked on this blogging gig to dealing with the tears and laughter caused by an aging parent to watching my girls grow even bigger and more independent. From thinking, hoping, praying that the seizures were gone to knowing that weren't. And, amazingly enough, to being, basically, okay with that. Its been a year of laughter and tears and, true enough, sometimes the balance tips more one way than the other. But whatever it might have been, it will soon be gone.

So if I had to pick the two best things from the past year, it would have to be discovering blogging and watching my kids as they struggle to come into their own. Yeah, its a often a struggle for them, but that doesn't make it any less amazing to watch. My girls are my life ... and there are many, many days that I have no doubt that they will be my death, too. They make my laugh and keep me going. And make me lay awake at night with tears and worry. I guess it must be some sort of package deal. But I wouldn't change it for a moment.

Blogging ... is a blast. And has led to me making even more online friends. And some wild things seem to have grown out of the blawg ... as one example, I have been asked to join a country-wide committee on the implementation of the RSDP. So it appears that I have made some contacts. And perhaps, someday, they will take me professionally to where I really want to be.

So here's to another year. Of ups and downs, laughter and tears and steps taken forwards and backwards. And sideways ... let's never forget sideways. After all, sometimes they're the most fun of all!

Here's to my husband. Here's to the Blue Jay and the Kit Kat. To my mom. And my brother. To my friends, both close and far. To those I have hugged in person and those I have only ever met online.

And here's to you. Your family. And your friends.

May 2008 be a good year. May it keep us on our toes and make us laugh and cry. Yes, I say both laugh and cry because somehow I know that we need both parts to keeps us human.


~HAPPY NEW YEAR~

4 comments:

Punkys Dilemma said...

Happy New Year my very good friend. I wish your little Blue Jay a life free of seizures forever and ever.
Bless you my friend. Its going to be a good year ahead for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I wish you and your family a wonderful and fulfilling new year. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

You've done good Michelle,
Thank you for your support and friendship. I wish You and your family the best for 08 and beyond.

Anonymous said...

Blogging has been a blast for me as well - my circle of friends has grown exponentially in the past year as well. So many experiences to share, so many opinions to voice - :-).

Glad you joined the blogging world Michelle - you have a terrific voice that needs to be heard.

Happy New Year!!!