Sunday, January 20, 2008

Canadian Political Compass

You might recall a previous post I did on the political compass.

Well, today I just realized that the same site has posted a Canadian political compass which shows you where the major Canadian parties sit. Thought it was kind of interesting.

So there you go. Now you know.

Interesting though. Looking back on my results, I think I am just about square with the NDP. Which use to make sense. I notice that this Canadian chart is dated 2005. And I use to be a big fan of the NDP. Not so much lately, though. Although I still like them provincially, I have less and less use for the federal party. They seem to be acting more and more stupid, like a spoiled child. And, perhaps, moving further to the left. I don't know for sure, but I do know they are definitely turning me off.

In wonder if new chart done today would show the federal NDP in a slightly different spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting how in Canada Liberal is on the right - like it is here in Argentina. In the States it gives me the impression that Liberal is considered left ... ah well I guess Liberal sounds like the opposite of Conservative.

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Funny indeed, Liberal is 'suppose' to be on the left here too. And yes, it is the left in the US.

Although the liberals seem to have become more middle of the road in the past few years, I was surprised to find them listed to the right.