Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crazy Skydive

Lex has taken his first hop (as the actual pilot, that is) in a Stearman (as far as I can figure, it's a biplane with an open cockpit). Which appears to be a big deal, given the smile on his face.

But then xformed linked to this video. Which I just had to share.


Crazy Skydive / Biplane Stunt - More free videos are here

If for no other reason than to say No, that particular stunt is most definitely NOT in my future plans.

And to confess that while it does look sort of nifty (if you are certifiably insane, that is), I was very relieved to find that there was somebody left behind in that cockpit. To actually, you know, fly the plane.

1 comment:

Kris, in New England said...

As much as I hate flying, my fave experience was in a Stearman, much like the one Lex just flew. My FIL is a small craft pilot and several years ago had the opportunity to give rides in a Stearman that was about to be taken to FLA for retirement (along with its owner).

We went - The Oracle was one of the first to go. I steadfastly refused; I was the last man standing and finally caved. I'm so glad I did; truly an amazing experience. Open cockpit, just you and the wind.

Gorgeous.

Happy New Year to you! Blessings in 2010.