Saturday, March 13, 2010

'When You Thought I Wasn't Looking'

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat and I learned it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my favourite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a meal and take it to friend who was sick and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned that we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grew up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes thing hurt but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I needed to know to be a good and productive person when I grew up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking".

~ Author Unknown ~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this years ago and it touched me then. Time hasn't changed it at all. Thanks for your thought and please don't feel bad if you aren't able to blog as much, I'll take anything you can give and not expect more. THANKS!!!

Casdok said...

Thats lovely :)
And lovely of you to pop over!