Tuesday, January 24, 2012

These Are The Families We Fight For

I've never had much use for reality TV.  Always said that if I wanted to see reality, I would look out the window. Or even around my own living room.

So here's a new kind of reality TV. Are you up for it?

It's powerful. Very, very powerful. A must see.

But don't take my word for it.



This family didn't post this video to garner your sympathy. That I know.

Empathy, yes. Sympathy, no.

But, even more important, they we desperately need to open our eyes to the family lives of so many people. Our neighbours. Our co-workers..

People who still get up in the morning. Make breakfast for all their children. (Try to) go to work. Come home to relax with friends And then. Deal. With. Everything. Else.

They are our children. They are our lives.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting Michelle. I can't imagine how difficult emotionally it is not to mention physically it is.

BRW... love the new look of the blog.